11 July 2011

Freight Fright, Part 2

I've decided it's time to tackle my stage fright again. The Freight has an open mic tomorrow night and I'll be there. The last time I tried it was in March of this year. I actually got myself there, with T in tow and Ruby on my back- but the sign-up sheet was already up to 25 performers and I was looking at a post-10pm performance time, just like before. Already feeling nervous at 7:30, I didn't think I could take 2.5 hours of adrenaline jitters, so I flaked. I had invited some friends from study group(JS, JT and Jj) to come listen, so rather than flake completely I called them up and invited them over to my house instead for a private "concert"- way more fun (for me, anyway).

But it's time to try public performance again. I've signed up the study crew again to come and hold me accountable (I won't flake if I've made four friends pay cash money to see it!) Jj has threatened to bring flowers and diapers (ew!) and decide which to throw after my performance. I may have to be dragged onstage kicking and screaming... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment